Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fuse Mod for E-sky Honey Bee V2

There’re cases about E-sky Honey Bee FP (Fixed Pitch) V2 4-in-1 ESC burnt after crashes, though it can be avoided by throttle down before crash. Yes, if and only if you are one of those advanced pilots. Hence, this time showing you the very simple, light weight and cheap(~$1) fuse mod for saving the expensive(~$40) 4in1. Of course, this modification is never limit to Honey Bee only.
honey bee v2 esky
Here’s one of the comment on this mod. : )
“And the fuse mod saved my 4-in-1! I accidentally pushed the throttle as I bent to pick the helicopter up from the ground and the blades whirred right into my fingers and legs. I guess I’m lucky it wasn’t a CP heli. Anyway, the blades jammed against me and the fuse blew. I’m so glad I put it in!”


How to do the inline fuse mod?

Prepare wires(JST connector wires), spade fuse and 2 spade crimps and disconnectors. In this case, you need a 7.5A blade fuse for main motor and 3A blade fuse for rear motor.
Solder or crimp the black wires of male/female connectors. Use electrical tape or shrink wrap tubing to insulate them.
honey bee fuse inline fuse
Connect it to the quick disconnectors by plugging in the blade fuse. Again, insulate any naked connection to avoid short circuit.
fuse mod honey bee fuse mod
Connect the male JST connector with Honey Bee 4-in-1, Plug the black motor cable into female JST connector. Be ware of the polarity, don’t mix them up. Since there’ s possibilities for different colors on same polarity on wire or ESC, have a look at the (-)/(+) symbol to verify.
esky honey bee inline fuse mod honey bee v2 fuse
This fuse mod is probably work for other Honey Bee or E-sky coaxial as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment