Saturday, April 23, 2011

RC Helicopter Crashes - Learn From My Mistakes

Well, what goes up must come down and RC helicopter crashes are as much part of this hobby as flying the silly things. I decided to start this page after one of my favorite birds (the Bell 222 pictured many times throughout this site) met its demise this past weekend, March 06, 2010 to be exact.
I don't crash often because I am a fairly cautious flier and rarely fly beyond my comfort or skill level. I also try to ensure my RC helis are well cared for and always in top notch working order.
When I do crash however, it is usually a really dumb mistake on my part that is the root cause. I have decided to start documenting these RC helicopter crashes of mine explaining what went wrong and why. If it saves just one person from making the same mistake, this page will be worth it.
Hopefully (for my sake), this page doesn't get too long over the years as I add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment